New agenda items
The next SWIFFT video conference - Thursday 27 April 2017
9.45 am (sharp) - finish 12.00pm
Theme: Victorian Threatened Species Protection Initiative - case studies
Introductions (9.45 am sharp)
Introduction to topic. This session will be hosted by Michelle Butler from the Ballarat Office.
Guest Speakers (10 am)
What have we done with $6m in the Threatened Species Protection Initiative program?
- Michelle Butler - DELWP (Chair and presenting from Ballarat)
Ballarat Environment Network,Custodians of biodiversity, Managing Crown Land reserves
- Ray Draper Presenting from Ballarat
Abundance and Distribution of Southern Right Whale in SE Australia
Mandy Watson, Senior Biodiversity Officer, DELWP. Presenting from Warrnambool
Friends, frogs and fishes - practical on ground community actions to achieve healthier wetlands
- Dr Lisa Farnsworth, Friends of Winton Wetlands Support Officer and Winton Wetlands Committee of Management
- Helen Repecholi, President of the Friends of Winton Wetlands. Presenting from Benalla
Mt Korong Eco-Watch "Rewilding Korong Ridge" : Three Threatened Species Projects
- James Nelsson, - Short Storey Planting project
- Kate Lee - Short Storey Nursery project
- Trudy Nelsson - Pest Species Eradication
Presenting from Bendigo.
Victoria’s Biodiversity Strategy has been released - What now?
- Adam Muir - DELWP (Presenting from Melbourne)
More about the Victorian Threatened Species Protection Initiative
Open Discussion Session (12.00 - 12.00)
This will be an open discussion and question segment. Participants at all venues are welcome to raise issues relating to the video conference theme or other threatened species issues.
A short allocation of time will also be devoted to other items of interest which people may wish to raise.
Please advise your attendance to the location contacts listed below.
- Ararat - DELWP Office, Old Shire Offices, Barkly St, Video Conference Room. Contact Felicity Christian 5355 0531
Bairnsdale - 574 Main St DELWP Office Video Conference Room (Ground floor Rm 02) - Contact Mick Bramwell 5152 0450 or Faye Bedford 5152 0400.
- Ballarat - State Public Offices Level 4 Video conferencing room, 402 to 406 Mair St Ballarat - Contact Craig Whiteford 03 5336 6874
- Benalla - DELWP Office, 89 Sydney Rd. Room 13 Video Conference Room. Contact Dave Smith 5761 1514
- Bendigo - Video Conference Room, Epsom, DELWP offices Room 3 - Contact Peter Johnson 5430 4358
- Colac -DELWP Offices Level 00 Room 2 Video conference Room 83-85 Gellibrand St Colac. Contact Mick Baker 5233 5572. Sylvia van der Peet 5237 2509
- Geelong - DELWP State Offices, - Contact Nathan McDonald, 52263897 or 0417051032 or Ian Smith 0407803115
- Hamilton - PVI Mt Napier Rd Hamilton Video conference Room - Contact Yvonne Ingeme (phone bookings to Reto Zolliger 55730900)
- Heywood / Portland - DELWP Office 12 Murray St Heywood - Contact Office on 5527 0444. (Evelyn Nicholson local host)
- Horsham - "Titree" Video Conference Room Level 1 Rm 02 Horsham VIDA - Contact Pauline Rudolph 53620754
- Irymple / Mildura Lvl 00 Rm 01/Video Conference Room Irymple Koorlong Ave - Shirley Wagstaff 5051 4500
- Melbourne CBD - DELWP 8 Nicholson St Level 5 Room 6 - Vanessa Craigie (03) 9637 9851
- Melbourne - Arthur Rylah Institute - Level 02 Room 301 - Contact Arn Tolsma 94508645 or Brad Farmilo 9450 8618 regarding ARI participation.
- Melbourne - Knoxfield - DELWP Office; 609-621 Burwood Highway Knoxfield, Contact Luke Smith 03 9210 9379
- Orbost - DELWP Office 171 - 173 Nicholson St Orbost Contact Marc Perri 5161 1326
- Traralgon - 71 Hotham St DELWP Office Video Conference Room - Contact Kylie Singleton 5172 2123
- Warrnambool - Video Conference Room DELWP Office Henna St Warrnambool - Contact Mandy Watson on 03 5561 9961
- Wodonga - Video Conference Lvl 00 Rm 01 DELWP 1 McKoy St - Contact Glen Johnson 02 6043 7924.
- Yarram - DELWP Level 2 Room 4 , 310 Commercial Road. Contact Susan Taylor 03 5183 9104.
You are welcome to attend and participate in the SWIFFT video conference, please advise the appropriate location convenor of your attendance. There is also some limited capacity to arrange phone links if you contact Craig Whiteford several days before.