Next SWIFFT seminar 22 October 2020
Theme: Native grasslands ecology
Join us for this on-line SWIFFT event to learn about things we can do to increase biodiversity in our native grasslands.
Thursday 22 October 2020
9.45 am - finish 12.00 pm
Registration required to join the Seminar (this is a free event).
This event is only available online.
- Join in online (this enables participants to ask questions). Registration is capped at 250 participants. Registration open.
- View online via YouTube (live streamed): SWIFFT YouTube channel - Grasslands Seminar
1. Introductions (9.45 am)
2. Topics & Guest speakers (10 am sharp)
Presentations are 15 minutes with 5-10 minutes Q&A.
Is disturbance switching a useful restoration tool ?
Dr John Morgan, Associate Professor, Department of Ecology, Environment and Evolution | La Trobe University
Two ways of knowing natural temperate grasslands of the Victorian Volcanic Plain
Dr Brad Farmilo - Senior Scientist & Plant ecologist, Arthur Rylah Institute for Environmental Research (DELWP)
Chase Aghan - Project Officer (Forest, Fire and Parks) for Wadawurrung Traditional Owners Aboriginal Corporation
Djandak Wi, returning Djaara to Djandak
Nathan Wong, Dja Dja Wurrung Clans Aboriginal Corporation
Amos Atkinson, Project Officer with Dja Dja Wurrung - bringing back Traditional Ecological Knowledge to landscapes to heal country and heal the people using fire.
Fat-tailed Dunnarts of the Victorian grasslands
Emily (Millie) Scicluna - PhD Candidate, La Trobe University
12.00 Finish and feedback for next session
- Register for online participation (ability to ask questions) Registration open.
- View only live streamed via YouTube - SWIFFT YouTube channel - Grasslands Seminar