Notes from the 2022 seminar program
Nature is all around us. Learn how we can connect with nature, personal, within families or through groups and conservation projects and the benefits to our health and wellbeing.
Small mammals are hard to see and are easily overlooked. Learn about some of Victoria’s small native mammals, their habitats, life stages and conservation measures required for their survival.
ARI is at the forefront of many research initiatives designed to improve our understanding of species and the natural environment. Learn about the role of ARI, the variety of work and the breadth of expertise within the organisation.
We might think about nature sometimes, always or never but how can we change people’s behaviour towards nature? This seminar will look at ways of influencing people to engage with nature and include nature conservation in their everyday lives.
Notes from the 2021 seminar program
See examples of how Citizen Science can contribute to the return of species after bushfires and how you can help.
With an increased human footprint in our environment we will look at ways in which we can assist the movement of wildlife across roads, farmlands and within waterways.
Learn about Victoria's herbarium, flora conservation, research and science behind the gardens including VicFlora online tools.
Related Seminars in 2021 - view recordings
Notes from the 2020 seminar program
26 March 2020
Learn about how organisations such as the Marine Mammal Foundation and others are undertaking projects to conserve threatened species in the marine environment.
Explore how the latest technologies such as Bioacoustics can be used to better understand species ecology and the environments in which they live.
As our urban footprint expands this seminar will look at what we can do to reduce impacts on biodiversity and restore habitat through youth leadership.
Natural Temperate Grasslands and Grassy Eucalypt Woodlands are Critically Endangered. We hope to explore current and future conservation programs.
Related Seminars in 2020 - view recordings
Notes from the 2019 seminar program
Learn about what Zoos Victoria is doing to protect 21 species from extinction.
Time to think about the small things in life and gain a better understanding of these insects, their role and conservation status.
Explore Citizen Science and challenges concerning Climate Change on species conservation.
Notes from the 2018 seminar program
Citizen Science can contribute to a wide variety of conservation programs.
Trying to understand declines in woodland birds, shorebirds and floodplain birds.
Notes from the 2017 seminar program
Learn about Atlas of Living Australia, Victorian Biodiversity Atlas, Visualising Victoria’s Biodiversity and BowerBird online Citizen Science.
2nd February 2017
View Threatened Species Protection Initiative funding program outcomes overview and five case studies.
27th April 2017
Learn about how Local Government conserves rural environments through planning and controls, plus waterway protection in the Dandenong’s. Overview of Victoria’s Biodiversity Response Planning.
27th July 2017
Notes from the 2016 seminar program
Synopsis of Victoria's Threatened possums and gliders. Plus, Leadbeater’s Possum conservation and Squirrel Glider road crossings research.
11th February 2016
Featuring, Macedon Ranges Shire conservation programs and Victoria’s Local Government Biodiversity Planners Network.
28th April 2016
Captive breeding and release can prove helpful in species recovery. Focus on Amphibians, Regent Honeyeater, Native orchids and the Mountain Pygmy Possum.
28th July 2016
- Native freshwater fish - 5 February 2015
- Migrations - 30 April 2015
- Moths and butterflies - 30 July 2015
- Victoria's Biodiversity Strategy and Biodiversity Mapping - 29 November 2015
- Raptors - 6 February 2014
- Marine wildlife - 24 April 2014
- Wildlife on farms - 31 July 2014
- Wetlands - 31 October 2014
- Reptiles - conservation and management - (Worsening status, Translocation Striped Legless Lizard, Carpet Python)18 April 2013 pdf
- Community conservation (Zoo's Vic., Nature Watch, Reef Watch, Landcare Bandicoots) - 25 July 2013 pdf
- Conservation of remnant trees in rural environments - 31 October 2013 pdf
- Habitat enhancements - 2 February 2012
- Introduced predators - fox and feral cat - 19 April 2012 pdf
- Bat ecology and conservation - 26 July 2012 pdf
- Biodiversity conservation in urban and fringing landscapes - 31 October 2012 pdf
- Amphibian Ecology - 27 January 2011 pdf
- Victorian Volcanic Plain native grassland recovery - 19 April 2011
- Threatened species re-introductions - 28 July 2011
- Threatened species conservation on private land - 27 October 2011
- Biodiversity education - 28 January 2010
- Fungi, Mosses and Lichens - 28 April 2010
- Aboriginal Land Management - 29 July 2010
- Insect - plant associations - 28 October 2010
- Bird monitoring - 31 January 2008
- Climate change & biodiversity datasets - 1 May 2008
- Biodiversity management & the Victorian Volcanic Plains - 23 July 2008
- Freshwater ecosystems & the drought - 23 October 2008
- Penguins, Invertebrates - 14 February 2007
- Millipedes, Casterton biodiversity project - 23 May 2007
- Butterflies, Western Wetlands project - 22 August 2007
- Native grasslands - 14 November 2007 - pdf
- Living landscapes - 16th February 2006
- Management updates - 18th May 2006
- Management updates - 13 July 2006
- Management updates - 8 November 2006
- Notes 14 July 05
- Chytrid Fungus -13 October 2005